Subject: [Leica] leica photos of politicians (getting back on topic here)
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:56:32 -0400 (EDT)

marc james small makes the perfect segue for me:

> Damn!  You BRAG about this, like Bill Clinton, aka "Babbling Bill, the
> Moron's Friend".  What a sick attitude.  Whatever happened to civic
> responsibility?

to post some photos of sweaty politicians!

the perfect way to swing this back on topic is with a shot of former
senator, govenor, and navy seal bob kerry, who did go to vietnam
and traded his leg for a Congressional Medal of Honor while there,
shot with my m3 and jupiter 85 f2:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/bk.jpg

then senator john mccain, (who spent a lot more time in vietnam than he
would have liked to) taken with my 135 hektor on aforementioned m3:

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/johnm.jpg

and al gore, who went to vietnam and was actually photgraphed there
carrying a rifle, taken with aforementioned m6 and a 28mm minolta rokkor
(fellow lugger Sal DiMarco was standing about 2 feet away from me
while I took this with an R8):

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/gore.jpg

and Babbling Bill (never heard that one before marc) who's never been to
vietnam (alas, shot with some nikons):

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/pad/9/more.html
 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/10-11-2000-clinton/index.html

and a leica shot shot of my wife with our congressman chakka fattah (who's
too young to have been to vietnam but he did go to wharton) (voigtlander
35 1.7 and a flash and a crappy scan):

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/cf.jpg

and we'll round it out with a nice shot of the nicest guy i've ever met,
david eisenhower, and his fantastic wife julie, neither of whom are
politicians, but they know a lot of politicans, and david was in the navy
during the 72 campaign (leica m6 28mm minolta rokkor):

 http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/de.jpg

thanks for checking them out,

kyle (who has some ambivilant feelings about the war that kept him from
his father during his formative years)

http://www.netaxs.com/~cassidy/movies/index.html

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] leica photos of politicians (getting back on topic here))