Subject: [Leica] self timer...
From: "CHANG, CHUNG" <CCHANG@gc.cuny.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:10:19 -0400

dear veteran Luggers...

first of all thanks to those who answered my previous questions...i know i
am asking "basic" questions again here but my many trials to the archive
failed connecting...

i just got a new M4. :)
(okay, a new "used" M4.)
it has not been used for a long time, although the shutter fires at all
speed settings. even the B is very snappy.
the only functional problem i have detected so far is that the self timer is
not working properly. when i tension it, it does not stop at the end. (i
know it should stop at the end and then the revealed little button will
release it.) when i let it go, it would not complete the whole course but
stops short and would not trigger the shutter.
who use self timer on street candid shoots anyway...my question is: would
this somehow affect/interfere with the shutter function? also, if i
"exercise" it, would it come back to life?
would appreciate any help...

chang
p.s. if anyone feels this is too "basic" for the group please contact mt
off-list at cchang@gc.cuny.edu

Replies: Reply from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] self timer...)