Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V20 #139
From: Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:29:16 +0100

Sorry, yes I meant scripts written in Java - I am no expert I have not heard
of Javascript.

I read of one fashion web site which which went bankrupt. It had raised 100m
pounds on the stock market to launch a site where customers could dress a
cyber mannequin with their chosen clothes in order to imagine what they
themselves would look like in them. The site received few visitors. It turns
out the page took 28 minutes to download over a modem. I imagine the cretin
who designed the page only tested it with the sort of kit available to 100m
companies - not their potential customers.
cheers Frank