Subject: [Leica] Summaron w/o eyes
From: William Gower <w.gower@home.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:23:59 -0400

Luggers

Please set me straight here:

I'm looking at a nice used 35/3,5 Summaron that has no goggles, but brings
up the 50 frame on my M2. This must be one of the early Summarons prior to
the goggled ones.

If my memory serves me correctly, if you "de-goggle" a M3 goggled Summaron,
it WON'T focus correctly on a M2-M6.

*but* a non-goggled M3 Summaron should focus correctly irrespective of the M
camera it's mounted on - just the frames will be incorrect.

Is this correct ??

Off list replies would be best.

Thanks

William