Subject: [Leica] re: what put you over the top?
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

> I've been getting the urge again to get a Leica although from a need
> standpoint I don't need it. My question to you is what finally put overthe
> top to finally buy the Leica and what did you buy. I'm torn between going
> digital, the Leica or even getting back to mid size via a Hassalblad. My
> biggest problem is that these are all wants and no serious need.

harry -- there are only two reasons why anybody gets a leica:

	1) they're so good they can use it effectively in their work
	   to produce images that endure for years
	2) they make enough money at their day job to buy one and they
	   want to impress other photographers they meet at national parks

with very few exceptions, we all fall into the second category. myself
especially.

kc

p.s. my local camera shop has the n**** coolpix 950 for $499

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> ([Leica] DR. BLACKTAPE CANNOT POSSIBLE RESIST SCREAMING...)