Subject: RE: [Leica] International Photographers meeting Arles france
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:06:48 +1000

Jeff Williams wrote:

>If you are anywhere near Arles in the south of France
>before August 19 drop in to visit the 32nd
>international meeting of photographers.

I'm jealous!  Why does all the good stuff seem to happen on the other side
of the world? :(

>Also popular was the publishers area where you could
>go and show your work. People were queuing up and from
>what I could see of the standard from peering over
>shoulders I was happy to leave my work at home....

Presumably this is because you don't think your own work is up to scratch,
and there was a high standard of work?  I think you need to re-read all that
stuff about self-doubt that was on the LUG a couple of weeks ago....  Was
there any sort of work which was getting a dominant run?  Photojournalism or
something else?  Just interested in the types of portfolios that people were
lugging around... And of those lugging their folios around were they young,
middle aged, old, ...? (Yes, depends on your POV, I agree :) )  Just curious
who's showing what.

>Regards to you all..
>Jeff  "le kiwi"
>P.S.  34 deg today, sunny as! The south of France is
>not such a bad place to live..

Oh my god - you're making me sick!  Still jealous...

cheers,
Lucian G.