Subject: [Leica] .58VF & 90mm
From: "Michael Reichmann" <m_reichmann@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 13:24:07

I'm re-equipping myself with an M Leica system for the 3rd time in 35 years.
I currently have the Tri-Elmar and the 35mm Summilux ASPH.

I need a 90mm to complete my system and am tossing up the small size of the
Elmarit Vs. the speed and slight superiority of the Apo-Summicron.

With concerns about the rangefinder accuracy of the Summicron and the .58 VF
I called the product manager at Leica's Canadian distributor the other day
with my concerns. He replied that his personal experience and information
from the company indicated that there was no reason not to consider the f/2
90mm, .58 VF combo.

Of course this doesn't mean that there won't be an issue but at least it
isn't vebotten.

On another topics, I also got the Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6 Heliar last week.
There have hardly been any online reviews so I've added mine. My prelimiary
impressions can be found at http://www.luminous-landscape.com/12mm.htm

Michael Reichmann
www.luminous-landscape.com