Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience
From: shooter@linux-info.net
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 21:28:00 -0400

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 12:44:16PM -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
> I certainly don't want to get into an Erwinesque debate, and I do like
> the .58, but attempting critical focus with the .58 with a 90 mm at any
> distance is a crap shoot, to say the least..Yes, it can be done. But so
> can a dive over Niagara Falls in a barrel. The question is how
> successfully, how often? ;-)
>
> B. D.

I agree, this sould not turn into an Erwinesque debate.  I am also willing to conceed that focusing the 90 at any distance is not a cake walk on the .58 viewfinder.

But I must keep the stand that depending on the person and how critical they focus, it might not be as bad as some folks make out.  My gut tells me, if you have problems focusing a fast lens on an SLR, then focusing the 90 probalily going to be, as B.D. put it, a crap shoot.  I have a 105/2 Nikkor and I don't find it particularly tricky to focus, same with the 90mm and .58 viewfinder.  I except the fact that it will be harder then the 35 and I get results that are most definitly exceptable to me:)

Shooter

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience)
Message from shooter@linux-info.net (Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience)