Subject: Re: [Leica] Lurker uncovered!
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 08:29:16 -0500

 Lorenzo Vanzinni wrote:
I've  heard comments to the effect that others are using non Leica lenses
> > (Russian, Canon, etc.) with "an appropriate adapter." Why is an adapter
needed? Isn't a Leica thread mount a Leica thread mount? What is the
difference? & I guess the most important, If these are needed where do I buy
them? Thanks TGV

Doug Herr teased:
>   You only need the adapter if you're using your impure lenses on an M
body.

SonC adds:  The postings you  see  about needing an adapter  refer to the
use of Leica thread mounts on a Leica M mount camera.  but,  as Doug points
out,  "impure lenses" may also not focus accurately to your Leica camera and
may need shimming on the adapter or adjustment on the lens.

I have this situation with a Jupiter 8, and I am going to have it adjusted
to match the Leica back-focus. It works great in lots of light, but low
light, it is slightly off in focus.

Welcome to the non-lurking life on the LUG!

Regards,

SonC

http://www.SonC.com

Message from Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Lurker uncovered!)