Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: TTL question
From: "Mark E Davison" <dmark8@qwest.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 05:27:01 -0700

Herb wrote:
.>> Is the following assumption of
> >mine correct: when in TTL mode, the ISO value that controls flash
> >duration is taken from the camera; in "automatic" mode, the value is
> >taken from that set on the Metz unit?

Eric replied
> Which camera?  I don't believe any such info is taken from the M6 TTL.  I
> don't know about the R series.

The film speed set on the back plate of the M6 TTL is definitely
communicated to the Leica SF20 flash (when that flash is operating in TTL
mode), so the information is present at the hot shoe pins. You can watch it
change in real time by changing the setting on the back plate.

Mark Davison