Subject: [Leica] Leica Gallery, NYC - special Leica books
From: LeicaPhoto@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:46:06 EDT

Here are our July specials in rarer Leica books (one or two of each
available):
Applied Leica Technique (R System/hardcover) by Günter Osterloh was $175/now
$$135.
Leica CL by Theo Kisselbach (softcover in German) was $30 / now $20.
The Leica and the Leica System by Theo M. Scheerer (M
system/hardcover/repairable outside tears in spine not affecting inside
binding) was $95. / now $75.
The Leica and the Leicaflex by Scheerer/Makovec (M & Rhardcover)  was $75.
now $60.
Leica e le Altre by Gianni Berengo Gardin signed (pictures of a lifetime of
cameras of one of Italy's most famous photographers - mostly Leica/ tiny text
in Italian/hardcover was $30. now $25.
More Color Magic by Walther Benser (minor tears to dustjacket/hardcover) was
$50/ now $35.
Leica Illustrated Guide I, II, III and Leica Literature (all softcover) by
James Lager and all volumes signed by him. This is the original work complete
with the literature volume - all four volumes was originally $400. signed /
now $250.
Die Leica in Beruf und Wissenschaft by Heinrich Stoeckler (hardcover/German
with few dustjacket tears) was $50./ now $25.
Pocket Leica Book by Kisselbach (hardcover/pocket classic) was $75. / now $39.
The Leica Collectors Guide by Grossmark (softcover covers 1925-1960) was $60.
/ now $35.
The Leica Book in Color by Karfeld (1938 hardbound) was $80. now $50. (also
one with no dustjacket in excellent cond. also - was $65. / now $40.
My Leica and I: Leica Amateurs show their Pictures by Karfeld
(1938/hardbound) was $125. / now $85. also another copy with loose spine/good
cond. was $95. / now $60.
Snow Canvas: Ski Men and Mountains with the Leica by Kruckenhauser
(1937/hardbound) was $90. / now $70.
Bildmassige Leica-Photos Durch Tontrennun by Alfred Person (hardcover/no
dustjacket or maybe never came with it/ 1935/ in German collection of
pictures with striking tonal qualities - half text in german and half
photographs) was $125. / now $75.
100 Bühnenfotos mit der Leica by F.A. v. Blücher (hardbound, 1936) - our
favorite pictures from the circus, theatre, opera/text in German, but mostly
pictures) was $175. / now $95!
E. Leitz Inc. New York City (A History): by Emil Keller (signed) (hardbound)
was $35./ now $35. /you're right, no reduction but only a very few left
signed.
Source of Today's 35mm Photography, Part II (history of Leica Part
II/softbound) by Emil Keller signed was $40./ now $25.
Das Bergbild mit der Leica by Zuehcke/Kruckenhauser (hardbound/1938)
Moiuntain pictures in German text was $100. / now $60.
Lebendige Leica (Living Leica) by Walther Cross (1950's) in German/hardbound
was $90. / now $55.
So!! as you can see there are considerable reductions for this month (July)
only. Also as there is usually one or two of anything, we would advise quick
response if items are of interest. We take VISA, MC and AMEX and there is a
$10. shipping and handling charge minimum and maximum for all orders in the
continental US. We ship by UPS ground. Please give full address and telephone
# for questions, credit card, expiration and zip code where your credit card
bill goes to. Our telephone number is 212-777-3051 and 24 hour fax is
212-777-6960. We are here Tuesday through Friday 11 to 6 ET and Saturday 12
to 6 ET (usually you will find us here at least an hour longer after closing
time. Warm regards, Rose and Jay Deutsch/Leica Gallery, 670 Broadway, Suite
500, New York, New York 10012 (P.S. - we still have copies of Erwin Puts
Leica Lens Compendium with signed nameplate for $64.95)