Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 12:52:50 -0500

Mxsmanic wrote:

>>What about users that don't have Javascript?  My current gallery has the
merit
of being usable even without Javascript.  In fact, that is true for almost
the
entire site.<<

What about users that don't have a computer? Or adequate bandwidth?
Requiring the end user to have Javascript just narrows the audience. But
it's a much larger audience than most people can get with a printed (but
unpublished) image.

On a different topic, can any electronically distributed image really be
considered fine art? The web is more like a magazine or newspaper than a
museum wall. Currently I think electronic viewing of images is better suited
to journalism that to fine art.

Maybe someday when framed flat screen LCDs are as commonplace as framed
paper images, that'll all change. IOW, you won't need to print an image for
it to be considered fine art.

Dave