Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:02:14 +1000

 Walter Bell  wrote, in part:
>. I purchased a .58 recently and used it extensively during a
>two week trip in Japan. I wear glasses and have found the .72 viewfinder an

>issue with 35 and wider lenses. In face, view finder blockage and
>difficulty in seeing the frame lines are the biggest issue I have with the
>M6. I converted from Nikon SLR's three years ago, and love the size of the
>M6 and so have lived with the viewfinder issues.

Do you find it more difficult to focus with the .58 viewfinder?  There is an
article in the most recent edition of Leica Fotografie which suggests that
it is not practical to focus longer focal lengths with the .58 viewfinder -
being able to compare the .58 with the .72 have you found this difference
noticable?  I ask because I usually use wider focal lengths and have thought
about getting a second M6ttl with .58 finder, but wouldn't if it makes
focussing more difficult.

cheers, Lucian G.

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] M6 w/.58 finder: my experience)