Subject: [Leica] Diz [was] Sharon Stone
From: GERALD HAUSSLER <GHAUSSLE@email.usps.gov>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:36:00 -0500

     Steve;

     When you last heard from me I was documenting this extraordinary event
     of
     Sharon Stone being honored as a 'Woman of Vision' at a flashy Gala put
     on by
     Women in Film & Video.

     It was now past midnight and the event was running about 3 hours
     behind
     schedule. If you recall SHE had just accepted her award and was now
     giving
     her acceptance speech. I was standing about 15 feet in front of the
     podium
     happily snapping away with my new M6 when all of a sudden I could hear
     the
     900 strong audience behind me snickering. Suddenly it dawned on me
     that SHE
     was talking to me, "...have you got enough pictures already?" SHE said
     with
     good natured humour. I slunk away redfaced as the crowd roared.

     [schnip]

     shooting the ('81??) Monterey jazz festival,
     i strolled up to the stage 3-4 numbers into
     Dizzy Gillespie's set. all the other shooters
     had left. maybe they all know something i was
     just about to learn.
     i get in a couple of shots before the tune ends.
     Diz, with a handkerchief in one hand and his
     trumpet in the other, starts clowning and says
     "hey man, take my picture". i pressed the button
     one time & left in a pace that you would not
     describe as walking. i was lucky for 3 things;
     the audience didn't get into the act, it was
     10:00 PM so the redness in my face didn't show
     and my editor ran that last shot.

     great shot of HER accepting the award, BTW.
     cheers
     jerry haussler
     www.zephyrblau.com

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Diz [was] Sharon Stone)