Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos
From: shino@ubspainewebber.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:11:35 -0400 (EDT)

> From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
>
> I sympathize.  At the same time, though, one of the things that bothers me the
> most about many online galleries I've visited is that the images are so tiny,
> and so compressed, that it's hard to even see what they contain.  It's really
> difficult to do most photos any justice in 300x200 pixels, and I think a lot of
> people go to far in reducing their images.  Sure, it downloads fast, but you
> can't even see what you downloaded once it's there.

i agree, personally anything much less than 600x400 is tough to appreciate.
in the analog world, it feels to me like looking at 35mm contact sheets;
you get an indication of whether it's a promising image, but you don't really
get to appreciate the sharpness or tonality.

i suppose thumbnails linking to larger images is a reasonable, if not
troublesome, compromise.

- -rei

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos)