Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 05:05:42 -0700

Mxsmanic wrote:

> Doug Herr writes:
>
> > I enjoy looking at them but the time to download
> > the files is exhorbitant for those of us with
> > slower modems and I run out of patience.
>
> I sympathize.  At the same time, though, one of the things that bothers me the
> most about many online galleries I've visited is that the images are so tiny,
> and so compressed, that it's hard to even see what they contain.  It's really
> difficult to do most photos any justice in 300x200 pixels, and I think a lot of
> people go to far in reducing their images.  Sure, it downloads fast, but you
> can't even see what you downloaded once it's there.

I'm not telling you what you should do with your online gallery, but on my own, most
of the image files are 600 pixels in the long direction and they're about 50 to 60k
in size, 24-bit color.  I agree, 300x200 is too small to see what's going on.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Anthony' photos)