Subject: Re: [Leica] camera wrist strap
From: Shel Belinkoff <belinkoff@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 14:29:07 -0700

Kyle Cassidy wrote:

> i _know_ i've seen a photo of someone's
> leica with a wrist strap screwed into the tripod
> socket. i'd really like one of these myself -- not a
> sling, but a wrist strap. it does seem devilishly useful.

You might well have seen one of my cameras with an attached
wrist strap, as I posted the URL to such a photo a few weeks
ago when the topic up straps came up.  That photo has been
removed from my web space, but I'll post another later today.

> the PLUG option though would be to go out and
> get yourself a quarter inch threaded eye hook,
> screw it into the bottom of the camera and make your
> own wrist strap out of some animal friendly product
>(say nylon).

I'd like to know how your idea works out in actual use.  The
wrist straps I've used all have a way to allow the camera and
strap to rotate without twisting the strap itself.  The strap
is attached to a swivel which is then attached to the camera.
I suspect that your idea, while cost effective, may not be the
best option.

- --
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:belinkoff@earthlink.net