Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: M6 flare help
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:21:56 -0700

The flare happens rather randomly, only when it needs not to happen! ... I
know there is some set of scientific conditions under which the flare is
repeatable... but I have never seen it written down nor had the calmness to
record it myself...

It is always possible that Leica has fixed the problem, but to date, the fix
has been reported as unknown.

From what I know, the flare source must be at an angle to the camera, either
left or right.

Maybe if you put the camera on a tripod and took a penlight pointing at the
VF illumination window you could induce flare.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net