Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke Bags--The F-3X
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 01:42:38 -0700

Dennis Painter wrote:

> Recent post praised this bag for an M system but it seems very deep ( 9 inches )
> and all that depth not usable for an M system.
>
> Do you just use it as a deep bag with basically 4 inner compartments? or is there
> some scheme to use more of its depth. I know about back to back lens coupling but
> unless you are carrying 90s and 135s the shorter lenses aren't all that long back
> to back.
>
> Thanks for any hints
> Dennis

It could work back to back I have a 135 in there with an inch or so to spare.
It's the biggest bag i've ever put my Leicas in I can carry my full system in a
handy way.
IN otherwords if the 135 was on the camera the camera could be put lens down
into the bag with the camera on it with NO room to spare.
As the bag is just canvas it is squishable and you don't feel like you are
reaching down to the bottom of a tall bag to grab short objects like most Leica lenses.
But Domke as some many incremental variations that if this bag was not right for
you they have one just a tad bigger and one that I have which is about the same
size but with no side pockets which works well too for a smaller operation the
f6 which is 12L x 6W x 7"D.
The F-3X is 8.5L x 5.5W x 9"D.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon