Subject: Re: [Leica] 4x5 grain
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:25:28 -0700

><Snip>
>
> I have a Graflex book from the era which discusses grain of 'fast' films in
> detail. The reproductions clearly show grainy pix.
> --
> John Brownlow
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

The Graflex books beats all. They have everything in them; how to develop film
in the ash tray of your car when it's raining... you name it!
It's like the Leica Manual; a magazine in book form.

Graphic Graflex Photography
(Morgan and Lester) and 37 contributors...
Mine is the 8th edition printed in 1947
other editions printed in 1/1940 and about every year in the entire decade of
the 40's.

It's got an article on darkroom printing:
5. A design for Printing
	by Ansel Adams, photographer, Director, Department of Photography, California
School of Fine Arts.

7. Kodachrome Photography
by John W. McFarlane, Eastman Kodak Company, Rochester, N.Y.

8. Ansco Color

11. Composition of the view Camera
by Berenice Abbott

16. Synchroflash Photography
by Willard D. Morgan.

25. The photographic Darkroom
by Henry M. Lester, Editor of Photo-Lab-index

and finally:
29. Graflex and Graphic Equipment
by Henry M. Lester

in between it's got Everything.

Aerial Photography of small children in a full moon
a super magazine in book form. Like the Leica manual but I'd have to say better.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/