Subject: Re: [Leica] irc failure...
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:03:47 -0400

Which network are you on?   There used to be a thriving #photography
channel on efnet, but that network became almost unusable due to DOS
attacks from "script kiddies".  Now the channel has moved to undernet.
But be warned, discussion is seldom photography related, if you know what I
mean.

I suspect that LUG regulars would not feel at home there.   Channels
("rooms") can be created at will by the first person there.  We can just
pick a convenient time, and join up.  I can recommend mIRC for windows
users, it comes with a list of popular servers to connect to.  Once you get
the hang of it, it becomes very easy.

But,  we really should try and avoid established IRC channels, as someone
else pointed out, they usually become dominated by 13 year old (or people
with the mentality of such) sex starved boys.

dan c.