Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: wars...
From: "Juan J. Buhler" <jbuhler@pdi.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, David Prakel wrote:

> Someone also mentioned Pentax on this topic. I was working last year with
> schools projects through a Community Darkroom in NY state. The SLRs we used
> were Pentax ZXMs (MXMs in the UK???) with manual focus Pentax 35-85 zooms.
> The results from this camera system were simply superb. Light, crisp images
> is the only way I can describe it - not the rich velvety mid tone of the
> Leica lenses but lively images in their own way. The Pentax images I
> certainly could live with.

The lens you mention (I guess is the A35-80) is by no means one of the
best Pentax lenses, not even too good among their zooms. Interesting
that the results were so good.

Me, I get better results with my set of SMC Pentax primes than with my
M6. Must be because all I have are Russian lenses for the M6 so far :-)

Pentax also lets me not only use 60's lenses on a current body, but
use current lenses on a 70's body...

 Juan J. Buhler | Sr. FX Animator @ PDI | Photos at http://www.jbuhler.com