Subject: Re: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?)
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:26:36 +0100

I can only comment about my experiences with Hasselblad.  I have had lenses
taken apart, cleaned, adjusted and put together again and not only has it
been done meticulously but the lens came back in much better condition.
This was done by Hasselblad technicians at their Wembley, UK headquarters.

I currently have a Contax lens in Germany undergoing repair.  I will await
the results of this but, having spoken to the head of their technical
department over there, I am sure the lens will be in as new condition and
optically perfect.

I would be wary of using third party repairers but, if a lens has to be
repaired, then I wouldn't hesitate to use the facilities of the
manufacturer.  They will have the correct repair and test equipment to
ensure that the lens is in perfect post-repair condition.

Simon

Mxsmanic wrote:
SNIP:

Adjusting the lens would require sending it

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?))
Reply from "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com> (Re: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?))
Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: focus stiffness (was [Leica] Black Hole?))