Subject: [Leica] Leica M's and High Speed Infrared Film
From: "Leica" <leica@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 17:52:57 -0400

Is it possible to shoot Infrared Film (Kodak HIE) in a Leica M?  I own a M6.
It is my understanding that infrared waves CAN get through cloth and the M
does have a cloth shutter.  I was also wondering about the IR dot, or lack
there of.  All the other 35mm lens I have seen or owned have some type of
dot to show how to adjust the focus for IR film.  Neither my 35 nor 90
lenses for my Lecia have such a dot.  Why not?  Is it necessary to adjust
the focus?

A Leica Shooter

Replies: Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] Leica M's and High Speed Infrared Film)