Subject: [Leica] Re: opinions on this deal
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 07:58:47 -0400

Brad:

The value of the passport warrenty is a matter of opinion. The biggest risk
to your equipment in not defects, which should be repaired under the
standard warranty, but the damage that you (or others) may cause. The M6 is
a tough camera but the rewind crank is vulnerable to damage. A (not so)
severe knock on the rewind crank will put the camera out of commission.
Repair of this costs about $100.

Ever drop your camera or lens? I have, but it was covered.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
 		      			  <kwilcox@gfn.org>