Subject: RE: [Leica] On the street with the 50/2 R
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:05:09 -0500

Joe,

Thanks for the kind words.

I scanned these with a Nikon LS-30. Used Hamrick Vuescan as software. Only
adjustment was slight sharpening -- amount 50%, radius .7. I thought the
scanner did a great job with the colors. Very true on my monitor. Plus it
was noon light. I'm amazed that the shadows help up at all. My next scanner
will be one of the new Nikon's. I especially like the fact that you can
batch scan a complete roll. What a time saver that would be.

Just got back from a weekend in Florence on the Oregon Coast. Highlight of
the trip was a tsunami alert, the first since they implemented the new early
warning system. I kept thinking, "If a big one hits, do I find a nice spot
for a photograph (high ground preferably) or do I head inland?" If the
sirens had gone off, I was prepared for the latter.

Dave