Subject: Re: 80-200 flare (was:Re: [Leica] Copyright questions)
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 19:21:33 +0200

Doug Herr writes:

> That 10%-20% better can mean a lot if I happen to
> be working in flare-prone situations or where vignetting
> will cause problems.

I do not doubt that, but in most other situations, it doesn't matter.

> I certainly wouldn't want the equipment to keep me
> from getting that One Great Shot ;-)

I agree, if budget and other constraints permit.  However, currently, I cannot
justify trashing an entire Nikon SLR system and then buying an entire Leica R
SLR system just for the purpose of purchasing one lens that is 10% better in
quality than what I already have.

Additionally, if I do all that, and then the One Great Shot turns out to require
autofocus instead of a lack of vignetting, what then?

Replies: Reply from Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net> (Re: 80-200 flare (was:Re: [Leica] Copyright questions))