Subject: Re: [Leica] the right to profit from creativity? OT
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 21:13:34 -0300

on 23/6/01 6:00 PM, Greg Locke at locke@straylight.ca wrote:

>> Some great philosopher says that art is from nobody and everybody...
>> Art exists by itself...some of us re-create it. At least sometimes.
>
> ...do you think he should be paid for his work? I hope not because he's not
> very good.b
>

>> But, of course, when fees, money, lawyers and so...appear over the surface
>> like bugs ...there is the problem.
>
> Sorry Pablo,  I create, therefor I OWN! .. and if somebody wants my "art" I
> have a right to be paid for it.
> I also have the right to PROTECT my work from theft.
> EVERYONE has a right to be paid for their work, be it assembling widgets or
> making artwork.
>
> I see no problem until someone tries to steal my property.
>
> I'd like to see you try and persude General Motors of your theory.
>

> Greg Locke
> St. John's, Newfoundland

Hey Greg...

This is not weird, but I agree with you, almost fully.
I was just expressing a desire, a will...or whatever the like.
I try to live from my own art, so...you're right.
We live immerse in a , how to say that, maybe a limbo of the capitalism...or
so.

Regards, please try to read underline or between the lines or over the
lines. I like not to to stay with only said within each line I read...

Pablo