Subject: [Leica] real lens size
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 09:46:26 -0700

With growing fascination I've followed the threads of late that tell
me that the small white number on the focus ring indicates the actual
focal length of the lens.
So, at the risk of appearing redundant: I have just got a new Elmarit
90 and there to the right of the white "m" is the number 10.
Does this mean that the focal length of this lens is really 100mm? If
so this seems a rather large difference from the stated focal length
and I would be surprised that Leica or any lens maker would sell a
100mm lens as a 90mm.
Michael Paine