Subject: Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:26:14 -0700

Since I cover labor and social issues, I'm constantly around groups and
individuals which push the envelop you mention, often times with their
attorneys present. In my case of going around the Home Depot, I
purposely held the camera in my hand. Not that differently from how
someone holds an electronic daily planner or a cell phone, and it was
about that size. Had anyone tried to stop me, and tell me to leave, I
would of left immediately.

I once tripped on an informational picketing in front of a Target.
Sprinkler fitters were unhappy about non-union work being done on the
premises. So, they were handing out leaflets up to the front walk of the
doorways, as long as they are not obstructing. I went back to my car and
got out a camera and knocked out a quick roll of chromes. While this was
going on, the non-union contractor started to video tape the leafleting.
I walked up to the two individuals and told them that they could be in
for a lawsuit from any of the passersby. As it was assumed that they had
a reasonable expectation of privacy outside the store, in spit of being
on Target property. I told them the worse case scenario was a customer
suing them and Target not assuming any responsibility for their, the
contractors, actions. They put that camera down immediately and walked
back inside.

Good points that you raised, by the way.

Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest)
Message from "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net> (Re: [Leica] Home depot and the rest)