Subject: Re: [Leica] Robert Capa Photo
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 13:02:33 +0200

With all due respect, Steven, the example you give is apples and
oranges.  Oswald was in a finite space in a compressed time scale.  The
photographer was already focussed and framing.

The sound of the gunshot was instantaneous with the hit, unlike the
Capa photo which looks like a long range rifle shot where the sound
would lag the hit by a significant amount.  This would cut Capa's
reaction time to less than zero.  There is a true saying that you never
hear the shot that kills you.

Anyway, I must state that what intrigues me most about this discussion
is the various arguments to support the unprovable.  Unless the roll of
negatives turn up or a definative similar copy is documented it will
remain a fascinating speculation.

Alan

> Från: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
> Till: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
> Ämne: Re: [Leica]  Robert Capa Photo
> Datum:  den 20 juni 2001 16:02
> I guess you have never seen the photograph of Jack Ruby murdering Lee
Harvey

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Robert Capa Photo)
Reply from "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Robert Capa Photo)