Subject: Re: [Leica] help about m6
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 12:42:59 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 19/06/01 17:09:06 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
mariotravaini@hotmail.com a écrit :

> Hi everybody, I just found this great web site on the net and i'd like to
>  ask a question(i don't know if i have to be a member for this but i try)
>  I just sold my nikon f4 and i'm just going to do reality an old dream, buy
>
>  Leica m6 model, problem is that at the shop they offered me a m4 for half
of

>  the price, can anybody tell me what are the differences between those
>  models. I primary will use the camera to take pictures to people in Africa
>  for a one year travel.
>  If someone can answer this e-mail i'll be more than happy, if not then
it's
>  also ok.
>  Thank you all very much.
>
>  Mario Travaini-Denmark
>  _____________________________________________________________

That's exactly what I did 16 years ago , trading my F4 for an M6 .
If you're not a collector , go for the M6 .
It has the built in spot meter and the parts are easily available .
A black M6 is a good camera for Africa . I've tried it myself for years
in Djibouti , and this little camera is very un-aggressive .

The M4 is more likely to have a problem . You cannot be sure of what
you get until you've made a few films with it , but the repair could take
months .
Chears

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon walk with mud covered combat boots...