Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Anarchist riots in Gothenburg
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:41:02 -0700

At 09:24 AM 6/19/01 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:
>I recall Robert Capa's famous photograph of a soldier actually being shot,
>falling in midair, but I don't know if he used a Leica or not--does anyone
here
>know?

I would have to check with the noted Capa authority, Mike Fletcher, to
confirm this, but I believe that shot, from the Spanish Civil War, was made
with a Leica.  Capa used only Contax RF and Rolleiflex TLR's from 1939
until the late 1940's, though, when he added a Nikon RF to the kit.  He had
a Contax RF and Nikon RF with him when he was killed in Indo-China.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

Message from "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net> (Re: Re: [Leica] Anarchist riots in Gothenburg)