Subject: Re: Pete's drum scan (was: Re: [Leica] "Pete")
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 05:22:13 -0700

On Mon, 18 June 2001, Brian Reid wrote:

> > Would you care to share the source of your ProPhoto CD Scans?
> > I've had problems with my source lately.
>
> I've had really superior scans made for me by Palmer Digital of Mountain View,
> California, but as I checked just now to see what their web page says, I find
> that it is gone, and nobody answers their 800 number, so I have this sinking
> feeling that they might no longer be there.

Palmer went out of business a little over a year ago.  That's where I had most of my Pro PhotoCD scans made.  Their LightJet 5000 was in their Sacramento lab.

As I understand it, John Palmer got tired of the commute to China where his wife lives, closed the business and moved to China. :-(

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe