Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: M6 .85 "Classic," *not* TTL/ Why ?
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:27:47 -0700

From: "Pablo Kolodny" <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:45 PM

> on 18/6/01 10:34 PM, Emanuel Lowi at mano@proxyma.net wrote:
>
> > Frankly, I find public questioning of someone's asking price (or asking
> > publicly why
> > someone is selling a camera or lens) less than good manners. And I ain't
no
> > Emily
> > Post.
> >
> > Emanuel
>

> Sure, you would prefer how is a fellow robbed by someone else in front of
> your nose!!

Pablo,

Emanuel is right on this one.  No one is getting robbed in this case by any
stretch of imagination.  The marketplace on the list is rather
self-regulating with knowledgeable sellers and knowledgeable buyers.
If/when you've been on the list for a while, you will see that these items
for sale which were priced too high remain unsold.

If someone does ask an outrageous sum, then such a comment may be
appropriate, although it should be in private.  The seller can verify such a
comment, and has a choice of either lowering the price, or seeking a
different market to liquidate.

Also, on a mailing list, nobody can be pressured or threatened into buying.
So, your point is groundless.

So, now you know that M6 classic 0.85 is so rare and desirable.  How would
you like to buy one in EX+ for, say, $5000?  If you'd like one, let me know.