Subject: Re: [Leica] test
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:58:30 -0400

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "S Dimitrov" <sld@earthlink.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2001 1:09 AM

> Good point. I've always felt that the East Coast was too close to
> Europe, hence some of the centrism.

You have to make a distinction between the parts of the East Coast that are
in the 'South" and those parts affiliated with "Nyew Yawhk City" and points
north.

>Here on the West Coast it's somewhat
> of a cultural limbo, so you get to make it up as you go along.

You make the intermittently powered Left Coast sound almost existenialist!
Then again, I suppose h it has to be; good thing you can use Leicas without
the benefit of electricity!

>That to me has always been the North American magic. As far as the
neo-classical
> to post-modern pretensions of the East go, they can keep it.

Slobodan, you need to come on down here to good Ole North Carolina; we can
discuss this whole thang over a "Bobby-Cue Sammich" and a glass of sweetened
Iced Tea! Nothing pretentious here! 'sides- we ain't had a major earthquake
here in a coon's age!

> Slobodan
>
> Pablo Kolodny wrote:
> >
> > on 17/6/01 1:08 AM, S Dimitrov at sld@earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > > The Southwest is where the $$$$ are
> >
> > No, no...Slobo. I was not talking about $$$$...
> >
> > I meant other treasures, like human beings, arts, freedom to express.
etc.

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] test)
Message from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] test)