Subject: [Leica] Smorgasbord !
From: "Hugh Thompson" <painfree@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 23:11:19 -0400

Mark - you might be interested in an item I posted today on Street Photo.  I
saw you were searching around for something on which to comment (there has
been slight editing to make it on topic for the LUG):

Today I was out in the country and far flung suburbs of Burlington and
Hamilton, Ontario, doing my family portraits (for money no less).  On my way
home I dawdled at certain points on the Lakeshore to take photos of the
suburban scene with my M3 and collapsible Sumicron.

The problem is that there is so much that interests me, good and bad, that I
really don't know where best to start, or when I start how to finish, or
what to ignore in the first place.  There is just so much of it.  I think it
would be helpful to have a theme.

It certainly is difficult, as I have said before, to work from a car.  I
stopped probably 5 times, when I was able to do so safely.  At each stop I
could have stayed to work further with the scenes which presented
themselves, but as I carried on further I saw something else that I just had
to photograph.  There was only a limited amount of time, and, in any event I
was late home, and felt a little frustrated that I had not captured more of
what I had seen.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hugh Thompson - painfree@istar.ca

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Smorgasbord !)