Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Copyright questions
From: Andrew Schroter <schroter@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:28:19 -0700

Would you consider a 1966 Mustang purely as a tool.  I assert that for
certain objects, as the result of casual agreement created over time, some
objects may make the transition from a tool to be primarily considered a
work of art.

> Austin Franklin writes:
>
> > That is not the same.
>
> Actually, it is.  Both the sculpture and the photo are fixations of a
creative
> work in a tangible medium.  Copyright controls the making of such
embodiments of
> a creative work.  Taking a photograph is one form of such an embodiment,
so
> taking a picture is generally assimilated with making a copy of a work.
The

Message from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Copyright questions)