Subject: Re: [Leica] is it possible for one M lens to misfocus?
From: V8PWR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:42:55 EDT

Dans un courrier daté du 15/06/01 19:21:07 Paris, Madrid (heure d'été),
shino@ubspainewebber.com a écrit :

> i have an m6 and the following lenses: (dates are design year, as per Puts)
>    2.8/21 Elmarit-M 1980
>    2.8/28 Elmarit-M (III) 1979
>    1.4/35 Summilux-M, 1961
>    2.0/90 Summicron-M (III), from 1980
>
>  i used to think the 28 was the sharpest of these lenses, but lately
>  i've been surprised to see images made on this lens have looked very
>  mushy and soft.  from examining some of these images, i suspect
>  that the 28 is focusing well ahead of the rangefinder.  my other
>  lenses on the same camera seem fine, even the 90.  if the m6's
>  rangefinder were off, i'd expect images on the 90 to be affected the most,
>  but my photos with the 90 are pretty well dead-on focus.
>
>  so, is it possible on an M that the focus on one lens is off?  i suppose
>  i could give the whole kit over to leitz, but realistically
>  that would mean being without the stuff all summer (shudder!).
>
>  any advice to a guy who may need to use an F3 all summer?
>
>  thanks,
>
>  -rei

I've always wondered how a 28 Leica can be off by so much .
What has changed in it ? It must have been desassembled ,
and wrongly reassembled , cause the rear ring , contacting
the body roller , cannot be worn so much .
But I'd rather send Leica stuff for 6 months instead of using
it knowing it is so much faulty .

JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE
will soon walk with mud covered combat boots...