Subject: Re: [Leica] Compare
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:11:40 +0200

Michael,

The TMax is supposed to get less grainy, sharper, and less tolerant of
bad exposure. It appears that Tri-X  is favored by some people because
it is easier to handle in terms of exposure and development and has a
nice tonality.

Note: this is not personal experience, I do not use Kodak B&W films, but
it seems to be the gist of many threads here over the past 3 years.

Nathan

"G. Michael Paine" wrote:

> Would someone care to enlighten me as to the perceived differences
> between Kodak TRI X and TMAX Professional 400. I have heard that the
> latter is actually the finer grained of the two.
> Michael

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland