Subject: RE: [Leica] Capitalpride pictures
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:24:30 -0400

> Last Sunday was Washington, DC's pride parade and festival. At least two
> of us Luggers were there and my efforts are published at site below.
> Criticism (hopefully constructive) is welcome as usual.
>
> http://www.camera-craftsman.com/capitalpride.html

Some great shots, Simon--I'm sorry I missed it.

The one thing I noticed about these images (by way of hopefully constructive
criticism) is that they all seem to be shot at higher f-stops (~f8, I'd
guess).  You might want to experiment with street shooting wide open as well
(granted, this means not being able to zone focus--not easily, anyway).

I bring this up because I just reviewed Johnny Deadman's street pics (in
that luminous landscape essay) this morning, and one thing that strikes me
about his work is that he shoots at larger apertures so often.  With our
Leica glass, opening up is really a positive (most other lenses force you to
close up), and the way it highlights the subject(s) somehow makes the images
that much more compelling to me.

Just a thought,
Dan