Subject: [Leica] OT Cyanotypes/Tintypes/Daguerrotypes and more...
From: Malcolm McCullough <MM4@mm-croy.mottmac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:12:00 +0100

Pablo Kolodny asked:
<<Maybe someone there can help me find a book with enough depth to
face those techniques. I mean a serious book to help me afford it.
My Leica negatives and others are still waiting to be printed in one of
those techniques like the ones in the subject line and maybe carbon prints
also...>>

Pablo,
There is a book called 'Spirits of Salts' by Randall Webb.
Includes:
Salt Printing
POP
Kallitype
Platinum and Palladium
Cyanotype
Gum Printing***
Bromoil
Oil Printing

Maybe not cyanotypes and tintypes. I thought someone made a tintype kit.
Fotospeed do a cyanotype kit and an argrotype kit.

Kyle does a gaffertape kit - we've all seen his advert.

I haven't looked at the book, but I have seen it in a local remainder store.
Should I investigate further?

Regards,
Malcolm
***Gum printing must be similar to the teeth printing practiced by that US
Navy dentist on Admiral ????? when he was a PoW.
You know, the dentist who engraved 'Remember Pearl Harbor' in morse code on
the back of the Admirals false teeth. Corrections and additions to this
story most welcome.