Subject: [Leica] RE: Transferable Leica warranty?
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 08:08:46 -0700

SOP for transferring warranties such as Passport and Hasselblad three year
warranty is that the transferee uses the name of the transferor when
sending the equipment in for repair. Photographers do travel and equipment
does break while travelling or on assignment so a "home" address is not
something that companies look at. They look at the name and S/N (and
warranty card for Hasselblad). Nothing else.

So remember who you bought that used but still under warranty equipment
from. And when you call about the equipment, remember your new name when on
the phone.

Jim