Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography hints,tips for sharp images
From: "Rob Heyman" <rheyman@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:57:49 +1000

I have just one suggestion........Always carry your camera set to infinity.
You then only have one direction to move the focussing lever, With practice
you can snap that lever to the correct position and focus faster than any
auto-focus camera. The focussing is finished before your camera reaches your
eye. Remember that both the lenses you are using will need the lever at a
different point for the same distance. e.g. The 35mm Summicron will need the
lever almost exactly vertical at 4ft while with the 50mm Summicron it is a
fraction to the left of that point. Become familiar with one lens and then
learn the other one. You just need to get your head into "35mm mode" and
then "50mm mode" It is a very efficient way to focus.
Best of luck, let me know how you fare,

Rob