Subject: [Leica] Transferable Leica warranty?
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@s-way.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:16:45 -0400

I recently saw a seller advertise as follows: (edited)

"This auction is for Leica's M6 TTL  This camera is brand new, with all
paperwork, box, USA warranty, and strap as packed by Leica USA. I am the
original owner of this body, so this camera is eligible for the USA
Leica Passport Warranty. At at the time of purchase I had sent in the
Leica USA 3 year passport warranty card to activate the 3 year warranty
(as I like to always do this promptly with new equipment). Therefore
this body is covered for 3 years by Leica USA's 3 year no-fault passport
warranty."
	I always assumed that warranties only ran to the original purchaser. Is
this covered in Leica warranty paperwork? Thanks,
Phil