Subject: Re: [Leica] "Pete"
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:59:27 -0700

on 6/12/01 6:23 PM, Steve Barbour at kididdoc@home.com wrote:

> Very strong beautiful image Doug...congratulations...did you feel that drum
> scanning was able to give you more? Comments?  Steve
>
>> Doug Herr wrote:
>>
>>> "Pete" is a 10-year-old arabian horse at a riding stable near my home.
>> Each
>>> evening one of the horses is let loose in the riding arena for playtime;
>>> this particular evening it was Pete's turn.
>>>
>>> He ran several times at full speed from one end of the arena to the
> other,
>>> skidding to a stop each time just before crashing into the fence.  I
> made
>>> several photos as he ran past; this is my favorite:
>>>
>>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/pete.html
>>>
>>> This was hand-held, panning with the horse.  The file is full-frame.
>>> Cropping suggestions are welcome.

Steve,

I think the drum scan gave me more dynamic range and it certainly gave me
less dust.  I wanted to try WCi's Tango scan while it was on sale and the
depth of detail and dynamic range in this photo was sufficient that it would
show off the best side of the scan.  I'll look at it in more detail in the
next week or so.