Subject: RE: [Leica] R8 motor-winder vs. drive (mo' better)
From: "Dan Honemann" <danh@selectsa.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:24:13 -0400

John,

> What falls apart? Does the glass retaining ring loosen? Does the
> pivot come apart?

The pivot is fine, it's the rotating lens elements that come apart because
the locking ring (on the inside part of the lens) twists loose after awhile.
Another LUGger (can't remember who, and am too lazy to dig in the archives
just now ('sides, it might have been on the LEG)) had this exact same
problem with his UP, and had the same results in sending it back to NJ for
repair--i.e., came back unfixed.  He solved it with loctite, but I'm
reluctant to try that since I'm so mechanically inept.

Dan