Subject: Re: [Leica]Relocation of Ffordes
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:57:21 -0400

on 6/12/01 11:09 AM, Gerry Walden at gerrywalden@cwcom.net wrote:

> The following was posted on a UK message board. Personally I would be
> reluctant to trade with them from now on:

yes sounds very odd indeed. The staff were half the reason for trading with
them. However I've dealt personally with Steve Byford and he always seemed
reasonable to me. These lockouts are not uncommon in the retail photo trade
(happened at Alt Camera two weeks ago). They are a way of preventing stock
haemorrhaging in the runup to a closure, which is VERY common. They may also
be required by auditors in the event of a liquidation.
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com