Subject: Re: [Leica] attached file
From: "SonC (Sonny Carter)" <SonC@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:25:50 -0500

St, here in America, the news of  virus consequences has
frightened enough people that the mere suggestion of a
possible virus has many of us scurrying to buy a newer,
latest vaccine.  The Millennium was a very good century for
computer virus detecting software.   I hear the companies
are already gearing up for 3000.

These days many of those who would create havoc don't even
bother to write viruses any more, they just release scare
hoaxes to the right people, and maybe attach a fake
attachment to a few emails to get concern roaring.

A quick search of Virus Myth's excellent pages
http://www.vmyths.com  and Symantec's
http://www.symantec.com  do not reveal any results for this
virus.  Google returned this reply: "Your search -
romeo_juliet.exe.vbs - did not match any documents."

Only return I  found was from Trend Micro,
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/v
irusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=ROMEO_JULIET   who called
romeo_juliet an alias of a file infector like hllp.5248 and
twno.5248.  They say the file is not "in the wild"

Most returns of my internet searches discuss a couple of
Italian teenagers in Verona, but I may have missed
something.

Regards,

Sonny Carter  (SonC)
Cammie G. Henry Research Center
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
http://www.SonC.com