Subject: [Leica] PAW week 23 (Nathan)
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:05:24 +0200

Last Saturday my children's school organized their annual International
Festival, designed to showcase the diversity of the children attending
there (60 countries, with the top country, the UK, representing only
about 10% of the student body). There was some local entertainment on
stage, so I photographed these classic Swiss activities, blowing the
alphorn and yodling (sp). For once, I have also included two alternate
images. The main pic was taken with the somewhat unusual combination of
an M3 and a 24mm Elmarit, while both alternates were done with the M3
and the Voigtländer/Cosina Nokton. The film was Delta 3200 rated at
1600, and I developed it in XTOL 1+1 rather than Ilford DD-X or XTOL
stock. I found that with the diluted XTOL the negatives have lower
contrast than what I usually get with this film, which is a good thing
for scanning purposes and presumably also with condenser enlargers.

The alphorn players at work (main pic):

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/23.jpg

and packing up afterwards (Alternate 1):

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/23alt1.jpg

and finally the Erlenbach Yodlers (Alternate 2):

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/23alt2.jpg

The full PAW index is at:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiangator/pawindex.htm

Comments welcome and appreciated as always.

Nathan
- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland